Introduction to Course Editing
Creating a Link
1. Enter the course editor by clicking Courses > My courses > Edit content.
2. Click on the Insert/edit link icon on the toolbar.
3. A display will open with the following commands:
- Url: This is the link that will be added to the page.
- Text to display: This is the text that will appear on the page to the students containing the link.
- Title: This adds a title when hovering over the link. It is commonly used to add a description on where the link goes.
- Link list: This is a list of all assets uploaded to the course, allowing users to easily link to one of these assets.
- Target: This changes the behaviour of what happens when clicking the link, i.e. open a new window, stay in the same window.
- Class: This shows options to change the formatting of the link’s text.
4. Click Ok to finish.
5. Don't forget to click Publish to save all your changes.