Convert a Document or Presentation
The znanja course authoring tool allows you to create content by importing your existing Microsoft Word (.doc and .docx) and PowerPoint (.ppt and .pptx) documents. This provides a quick and easy method to convert your existing documents into eLearning.
1. To begin, ensure that you are on the Create page. To do this, click the Courses button on the sidebar and click Create.
2. Click Convert.
3. Review the document formatting guidelines on the right-hand side of the page.
4. When you are ready to proceed, enter your course name and click Browse.
5. Browse to the file, select it, and click Open.
6. Next, click Advanced to access additional options.
7. In the Advanced section, you will see three options:
- Course code: Some organizations classify their content with a code system. If so, you can enter the course code here.
- Course description: Give an overview of what the course is about. This will be visible in the course list.
- Maximum heading level: At which heading level do you want a new page to start? For example, if you select Heading 1, a new page will start at each Heading 1. If you select Heading 3, a new page will start at each H1, H2, and H3. This option only applies to Microsoft Word documents.
8. When you are ready, click Upload.
9. Once the upload is complete, you can choose what sections to include in the course.
- You can add and remove chapters from your document by simply clicking the checkboxes in the “Your sections” list on the left-hand side.
- You can drag and drop headings in the “Selected sections” list on the right-hand side to rearrange them. Or, click the X to remove the section.
- You can also click the Existing Inventory tab to use content from other courses that you have previously uploaded.
10. You can also choose from one of three templates for your course:
- Animated with Certificate
11. Once you’re satisfied with the course, click Finish.
12. The course will be created and added to the My Courses page.