Enabling or Disabling the Discussion Feature
Enabling and Disabling Discussions Globally
- First, go to the Features page under the Settings tab.
- On the Features page, there are toggles for “Enabling Global Discussion Boards” and for “Enabling Course Discussion Boards”.
- Clicking the toggle so it turns grey and displays “Off” disables that discussion feature. Clicking the toggle so it turns green and displays “On” enables that feature.
- Changes on this page are automatically saved.
Enabling and Disabling Discussions Per-Course
- To enable or disable the course discussion feature in a specific course, first navigate to your course list by clicking Courses, then My Courses.
- Open the dropdown menu next to the course you want to edit, and click Course Settings.
- Near the bottom of the page, there is a toggle for enabling the discussion board. Clicking this toggle so it turns grey and displays “Off” disables the discussion board for this course. When the toggle is orange and displays “On”, the discussion board for this course is enabled.
- Click Save to save any changes that were made.