Working with Users
Roles and Authorizations
- To manage the roles and authorization of a user, click on the “Roles and Authorization” tab on the Manage Users page (which can be accessed by clicking Users > Manage Users).
- There are two types of roles that can be assigned: organizational roles, and course roles.
Organizational roles define what a user can access and change in the organization. An organizational role, when applied to a user, is applicable throughout the entire LMS system.
- Administrator: An Administrator has full access to the znanja LMS, including creating and modifying users and groups, creating and editing courses, using the private portal, and viewing and modifying all settings.
- Instructional Designer: An Instructional Designer can create new courses, and can edit any other courses in the organization. They cannot access any settings for the organization.
- Content Creator: A Content Creator can create new courses, and then edit only their own courses (not courses created by other users). They also cannot access any settings for the organization.
Course roles are assigned on a per-course basis, and give a user certain permissions within specific courses.
- Editor: An editor can edit the content of the assigned course.
- Instructor: An instructor can edit the content of the assigned course, and can also manage user access and view reports for the students in that course.