Course Editing: In-depth
Working with Text in the Course Editor
This menu contains options to change the formatting of text on the page.
• Text can be made Bold, Italic, Underlined, Struck through, superscripted, and subscripted.
• Formatting options such as headings, inline, blocks, and alignment can also be accessed.
• The Clear formatting option will clear any formatting changes to the selected text.
Text Formatting Options
The Formats menu will allow you to access headings, inline, blocks, and alignment options.
The buttons, from left to right, will allow you to:
• Make text Bold
• Make text Italics
• Align text – left, centre, right, and justified
• Insert a bulleted and numbered list (symbol format options are found by clicking the down arrow next to each icon)
• Increase or decrease the indent
Font and Text Options
Various font and text options are found under Font Family and Font Sizes menus, as well as by clicking Text color and Background color. Text can be formatted by using the mouse to select text, and then clicking any of the font and text options.
• Font Family: Clicking the Font Family menu will open a list of available fonts to use on the page.
• Font Sizes: Clicking the Font Sizes menu will open a list of available font sizes for your text.
• Text color: Clicking the Text color button will apply the selected color to the selected text. To select a color, click the down arrow next to the icon, and chose a color. Alternatively, “Custom” could be clicked from this menu to open an RGB pallet with sliders and number inputs, to create a custom color.
• Background color: Clicking Background color will apply the selected color to the selected text as a background. Colors can be selected the same was as with text colors (see above).